Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Brilliance

I can't believe the weekend is over. I had a great weekend. I went to an image transfer class yesterday and below is my finish product.

We used a birch panel covered with printed paper (music sheets/text from a book). It was attached to the canvas with matte medium. Next step was we painted our panel with a light coat of Gesso. Then apply matte medium to the panel and apply the image transfer. Let the panel with image dry completely. Next, spray with water and remove the paper. Wha la the image is transferred to your canvas. I then painted my canvas with acrylic paints and water color crayon. I used a few stencils - butterfly, oak leaves with acorn (bottom right), Tim Holtz spider web and small dots for the centers of the flowers.

It was so fun and relaxing I can't wait to do the next one. We did some remodeling in our kitchen, once it's painted I will hang in the kitchen.

I hope you are inspired to create a project!



One more peek:



I am entering my project in the following challenges:
Frilly and Funkie - Colors of Autumn
Scribble and Scrap - #3 Always Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Anything but a Card
DRS - #91 Inspired by Autumn

7 comments:

  1. Karen, it turned out beautifully, I had so much fun yesterday too... can't wait to finish mine. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Karen, what a wonderful piece of art, you must be thrilled
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci pour cette participation au creative corner challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! You must be thrilled with your art work!! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Karen! I love it. You make this sound so easy, hehe I looks like a professional painting. I am glad you had fun.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Karen love your creation. Have not used gesso yet but been thinking about it. I love how the gesso keeps the colors so stunning and holds the colors.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!