Friday, January 11, 2013

A Little Bit of Paris




TGIF! Did you all have a great week? This is my 2nd post for 7 Kids College Fund Store Blog. I am very excited to share a Distress Ink Technique with you today that I used to create my card.

Here is the technique I used to create my center image. Ink the paper with Distress Ink using an Ink Blending Tool. Dry with a heat tool. Stamp your image with Distress Ink. I used Papillon Stamper Anonymous from the Tim Holtz Collection. Dust with Perfect Pearls which sticks to the stamped image and gives the vintage, shimmery look. Set with water in Mister.




I used the supplies below which you can purchase at 7 Kids College Fund.


Papillon Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection

Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Sponge Daubers
Non-Stick Craft Sheet
Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
Liquid Scrap Dots
Pink Advanced Tape Glider

If you have never tried liquid scrap dots I highly recommend them especially if you like to pop features on your card. I used it on my die cut butterfly which created dimension to the element. I hope I have inspired you today to try this technique. Have a wonderful weekend!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamp and Create - Love
Card Makin' Mamas - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Wow again such elegance!!!!! Love the beautiful earth colors and the details!!!!! Smashing work again Karen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so gorgeous, great job.
    Huis,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card I love the die cut butterfly x
    Thanks for playing along with us at SFTW and good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully delicate card. Thank you for sharing at Card Makin Mamas..
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this month at Stamp and Create Challenge!
    xx,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!